Immigration Law

Immigration Law2018-11-10T19:38:51+00:00

We are a firm dedicated to the practice of Immigration Law. We are a bilingual law firm that prides ourselves on maintaining exceptional legal service. We have also studied, worked, and lived in Latin American, Europe, and China and understand the cultural differences and language barriers that can be a challenge when moving to a new country.

We understand the difficulty of being separated from loved ones and what it feels like to be involved in the immigration process and the uncertainty that can comes with it. We strive to ensure that each client understands the Immigration process and is kept continually updated on their case until completion.

Our immigration attorneys represent clients in immigration issues such as deferred action, removal/deportation proceedings, permanent residency (“greencard”), citizenship, employment visas, investor visas, and family-based immigration.


mexico immigration law fl
Mexico Honors Florida Attorney Brent Probinsky Receives An Ohtli
Highest Award Bestowed By Mexico On A Foreigner.

View Here >

Deferred Action

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and would then be eligible for work authorization.

Citizenship And Naturalization

There are two ways in which a person can become a U.S. Citizen, by birth or through the naturalization process. Naturalization is the process through which a foreign citizen becomes an American citizen. In general, you are eligible to become a citizen if you have been a permanent resident for a certain period of time.

Green Cards (Permanent Resident)

There are many different ways to obtain a green card. One way is through a family-sponsored visa and the other is through an employment-based petition. These avenues require that a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident family member or employer sponsor you. There are other ways to become a permanent resident that do not require a sponsor such as through the Diversity Visa Lottery or asylum.

Family-Based Immigration

Family members of U.S. citizens or LPR can seek permanent residency through a petition filed by that family member. Some relationships are subject to a quota system and are divided in family-based “preferences.”

Fiance Visas

If you have a fiancé(e) abroad and would like to bring him or her into the United States to get married you can apply for a K-1 visa or a fiancé visa. A fiancé visa allows a foreign citizen to enter the United States for 90 days during which time he or she must marry the U.S. Citizen. After the marriage the newly married foreign citizen can apply to adjust his or her status to conditional permanent residence.

Student Visa

If you are a foreign citizen who wishes to enroll in a full-time course and you do not intend to immigrate to the U.S., you may apply for a student visa. In applying for an F-1 visa, you must demonstrate that you are a bona fide nonimmigrant who has no intention of immigrating to the United States.

Tourist Visa

For persons who wish to visit the United States temporarily for business, for pleasure or medical treatment, or a combination of both purposes, a visitor visa is available. Not all visitors need a visa. If your country is part of the visa waiver program no visa is needed and visitors from these countries can stay up to 90 days in the U.S. There are two types of B visas: B-1 business visitors (not valid for employment) and B-2 visitors for pleasure. A B-1 visa is for travelers whose general purpose is related to business or work. A B-2 visa is for travelers whose purpose is generally social or recreational such as tourism, to visit friends or relatives, or medical treatment.

Investor Visa

Entrepreneurs interested in investing or already investing in U.S. based businesses may possibly qualify for a visa or residency.

Military Parole in Place

Removal Defense

One of the fastest growing areas of immigration law is the removal of immigrants from the United States because of prior criminal convictions. Whether you have concerns about your immigration status because of a criminal investigation, charge, or conviction, or you are in removal proceedings for any reason, contact Probinsky, Chavez & Cole today.

Translate »